Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, August 30, 2010

August 25th - 2010

"Alright, first things first. My foot it great! I'm out of the boot...the podiatrist said it's probably the joint being stressed or something like that. So in otherwords, I'm good to go to Mexico on Monday. Things are looking good with it and it feels pretty good, too. The story is this: I was walking down the stairs in the temple and I missed a step and somehow came down on the top of my foot. It was no bueno and pretty swollen so that's about it. It's not a cool heroic story or anthing like that. Sorry to disappoint. haha

Alright, not here's the fun stuff: TRAVEL PLANS!!! We got them on Friday and here's what they say. I'm the travel leader because my last name starts with "a" so I get to be the one responsible for 13 19 year olds traveling to a foreign country. Fun stuff eh? Alrighty so here's the thing though. We haven't receive the actual visa, but we did go to the Consulate so we're just waiting for them to be processed and everthing then we'll ship out. Here's the actual day on the 30th...We fly to Dallas/Fort Worth where we're there for a glorious 6 1/2 hours, where we get to call home! YAY!

So coolest thing this week: Elder Holland came last night to our devotional and spoke to us. He was, of course, amazing! He knew right what to say to motivate me to be a better missionary and be a better man! He is an incredible man with an incredible testimony of our work in the mission!"

No comments:

Post a Comment