Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, March 28, 2011

9 Months!

March 28, 2011 WOW! Is it really 9 months? Where has the time gone? When I say that right now I am entirely serious! It was actually pretty sad. Elder Chatú had a little sad moment yesterday morning. I was helping him pack while getting ready for church and when he finished with his suitcase he just looked at me really sadly and opened his arms for a hug and he just grabbed me and started crying. It was way sad. As weird as it may sound, because of him, I feel like that day will never come and that I´m just gonna be here forever. I know it´s not true, but I kind of want it to be right now. It just feels too real. It was cool though. Saturday he had his last interview with President Clark and Elder Larsen was out tracting with other missionaries and after the interview, President told me in Spanish: Well Elder Alexander... All too soon, You´ll be in this last interview and receive your certificate of completion.... Wow. That was a little hard for me to handle. If all is well though, Elder Chatú is hanging out with his family right now in Tuxla, Gutierrez, Mexico and loving life. I hope he makes the transition alright.... Oh and mom, thanks for mentioning that I´m 3/8 of the way through. Haha I´m glad that you´re excited to see me. You´ll be the first one I hug in the airport! That´s for sure! So everybody clear the way when I´m heading down the escalator because mom comes first! haha (Sorry everyone, but that made me (Cami) really happy. Since I'm the one publishing the blog for Parker, I had to make sure this info is clear to everyone! Hehe.) Other than dying a little bit with Elder Chatú this week, all was pretty normal. It was actually pretty fun! We were way busy all week until Elder Chatú shut down a bit on Friday and we visited an awesome family from a ward he used to be in from this stake. It was way cool and here is the story of the week! They were talking about how their daughter is in a church school in Mexico City called Benemerito. It´s a way cool school and it´s basically BYU-Mexico for High School kids. It´s cool. Anyway, they said that the daughter wants to go to BYU when she graduates and, being prepared with a getintoweber.com pen, I put in a little plug for the Lord´s real university and guess what!!! They had already been looking into Weber because of the criminal science department! They had a college show or something in the school and mentioned that it´s one of the best! How amazinglyawesome is that!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! GO CATS! (that was what was going on in my brain) I think they need to make me international recruiter for Mexico or something! It was so cool! I couldn´t even sleep Friday night I was so excited! Go cats! Anywho, another cool story is that we have an investigator right now who understands English more easily than Spanish and last night, because it was just Elder Larsen and I so he just started talking to us in English and asking all this stuff in English. It was way cool! He was living in Texas for like 29 years or something like that so he actually doesn´t speak Spanish very well. It was a really cool lesson. It felt incredibly different teaching doctrine in English without my scriptures in English, but since I don´t get another comp until tomorrow, we´re heading over tonight with him again and we´re giving him a Book of Mormon in English. I don´t know how easy it would be, but it would be awesome if you guys could send a triple combination to me so that he can have all that. I just think it would be cool. It doesn´t need to be a really nice one or anything, but the thought came to my mind last night in the lesson and I think he would love that. Maybe even a bible if that´s not gettin’ too expensive. He´s an amazing guy with an insane story, but I´ve learned to love him. He rocks. Oh, his name´s Fermin Hernandez by the way so you can have him in your prayers! Anywho, that´s about it! I´m gettin’ a new companion tomorrow and General conference is this week! Woo Hoo! I don´t think I´ll be able to study the talks with you until I get a Liahona down here which might be June or if you all send an ensign to me in may. That would be sweet so I can get studying sooner! We´re gonna see about going every session. We´re gonna have to work our tails off to have some people in the teaching pool and have results so we can go so pray for us that we can! I love you all soo much! Elder Alexander P.S. (birthday hint.... Sour patch kids) haha and maybe another missionary mall short sleeve shirt. I love those shirts! Just to get the creative juices flowing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment