Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad and Other Stuff

Hey guys! First off, let me tell you that I love you all and you rock! Secondly, Happy birthday, Dad! 56 years old! Woooooooow! haha

This week was pretty sweet. Wanna know why? I got the package! Thanks so much for all that stuff! Simba is right at home in Mexico and I wear the Packers shirt in the house all the time! It´s pretty funny because I was going to ask for more Weber pens in the next one because I´m running out. You guys just are psychics or something! haha It was cool though to read those articles about the Jazz and about Weber. It seems like everything is going well with Weber, but te Jazz are lacking a bit. Oh well. It´s the end of an era with the retirement of Sloan. That´s crazy. I don´t ever remember Layden as coach so the Jazz are pretty much not the Jazz to me now. Weird, huh? Thanks for the package though and those baptismal programs. They were pretty sweet. I got extremely happy when I saw those pictures!

This week was way busy because we had a ton of meetings and a bunch of stuff so it was hard this week to get lessons in, but it was a fun one. We actually had Zone conference this week and I realized that as we were in front explaining everything that was going on, that it was my first Zone Conference as a zone leader. Crazy stuff, no. It was cool. We did end up learning a bunch because President Clark let us in on his insights. He´s a great man. That´s for sure. It was a cool cool day.

We ended up baptizing someone this week too! What happened was that some other Elders were teaching this couple forever, but they weren´t married so they had to wait, but then they moved to our area and the wife got baptized this Saturday. It was pretty sweet. Elder Larsen was able to do the honors so he was way happy to baptize someone for the first time in his life. It was kind of cool! I helped them out practicing right before he got in and he was way nervous, but he did a great job and she got baptized! It was a happy day.

That´s about it for me. Life is good in Mexico. It´s hot, but we´re enjoying it. Elder Chatu only has one p-day left in the mission after today which is nuts, but he´s happy. I forgot to mention one thing. A few weeks ago, I sent a letter home for Mishy Kirby and I don´t know when it´s gonna arrive, but when it gets there, could you take it to her?

It´s kind of weird that someone else is living at home, but it´s cool! He´s a cool guy so I´m not too worried about it. I just want a bed to sleep in when I get home. That´s all I ask! haha Oh and thanks for sending that quote book. It´s pretty much the coolest thing ever!

Love ya!

Elder Alexander