Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Mi Famila - exerpts from 9.6.2010

"Alright, so here's Mexico: The first day I got there, guess what I had to eat...An avocado sandwich!! Just my luck, right? Great stuff! Also, Friday night, I had cow utter tacos....those were atually amazingly good. Wierd, huh? Good though. I didn't know what they were at the time, but after, mi companero me dijo (my companion told me) Fun stuff! Oh yeah! I didn't tell you about my comp...His name is Elder Beltran and he's from Puebla, Mexico. He doesn't know a lick of English, but I already love the guy. He's my papa in the mission! Haha. We're having a blast. I guess I do have some pretty sweet news....I baptized someone yesterday!!!! Soooo cool! haha Her nickname is Lluvia because the day she was born, it was raining. Haha RARE occurrence here!

I am a place called Gomez Palacia and it's directly outside of Torreon, but in the state of Durango. It's so cool. We live in an extremely poor area and it's soooo cool! The members are great and we have a huge lunch with a member every day. Lunch is the big meal around here. We don't even eat dinner a lot of the time because we're packed full of stuff to do. It's alright though, because we eat at 2 in the afternoon each day. This ward is sweet though. Everyone knows that I can't really understand them and I learn new words every day! A LOT! I can't believe how much more I understand today than last week though. It's crazy. There are still thsoe people who talk crazy fast, but it's all good. I just mimic the facial expression of Elder Beltran. I'm pretty sure this area's the smallest in the mission. We're never more than about two minutes away from our house which is pretty cool in case we have to make emergency food runs. Oh yeah! They have Lunch Charms here!!!! YEAH And coke....is huge!

I am loving life, loving the people and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ so much! I can't talk about the Gospel in English anymore. I try and it's just Spanglish. I'm glad I'm here though and I love Mexico. It's even more different here than I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment