Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 27, 2010

My Family!

How are you all this fine week? I hope all is well and thank you so much for those great pictures! I was actually going to ask for some of the day I reported! ¡Gracias! And that picture of my baby, Sherri, I almost cried! Not really, but thanks for that! I just saved it in my memory card, which is being well used so you will all be happy in 21 short months! Haha!

Anyway so this week has been nuts again, but first, let’s talk about some sweet stuff! I just started a study journal legitimately last Tuesday. I started over in 1 Nephi to have a complete journal of my thoughts and what not. It’s been crazy cool! I have never gotten so much out of reading first Nephi! It’s way sweet! And so true! Oh, and we have been having more rain this week which is crazy. We had to stay in a few hours late again a few days ago so we had some more study time! That was great! I honestly think studying the scriptures is my favorite thing in my days. Maybe not my favorite because there are soooo many cool things about being a missionary and being in Mexico!

I’ve decided something... I love Utah so much! We were contacting the other day and we ran into this lady in the park, started talking and everything and she asked if we were from Provo.... Random, eh? Anyway, we started to talk about Utah and Deer Valley and the Salt Lake Temple and all sorts of stuff. I guess she has a granddaughter who was married there and she was sad because she couldn’t go see it, but we talked about the temple some more and she invited us over to talk more about Utah because she loves it so much! Haha it made me so happy because I really do love my home!!!!

Oh so another cool thing: I’ve started a binder of conference talks and letters from you guys and stuff like that so if there are any Conference talks or anything you’d like to send that you think will push me along, please send the names or something and I can print them off or something like that!

Ok so ready for the crazy stuff? We have to do kind of a review of the baptismal interview questions before the actual thing and if they have problems with the forth question, we have to take them to have an interview with the Mission President. But on Saturday, he (Juan) had an interview with President Clark and passed! He’s a fully repentant man and way cool!

Anyway, more craziness! Remember Alicia? well, as soon as we get done with Juańs interview, her daughter calls us and she was in the hospital for some heart issues. Nuts! We were going crazy and booked it over to the Red Cross building. We were there with her for about two hours and then all seemed well so we all left together. It was all good. And then Sunday came and we were getting ready to pick her up for her confirmation and found out she went again to the hospital! Her hearts not doing so well so we were thinking she wouldn’t go to church yesterday because of it, but she wouldn’t miss her confirmation! She’s a great lady and has an incredible spirit! She says she has to live at least one more year so she can be sealed in the temple with her family! SOOOOO COOL!

I loooooove my family SOOOOOO much! Thanks for your prayers and for letting me be here! Love you!

Elder P.T.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment