Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 3 - Good Stuff!

So first off, it was Elder Beltran's birthday last Monday, so of course we celebrated! We went to a member family's house and had mole and pastel. Mole's great and pastel's cake. Haha. It was fun and way good!

...So I've been here for three weeks, right? Our zone leader comes up to me two minutes before it started and asked me to have a spiritual thought ready for the beginning of the conference and , of course, it needed to be in Spanish! Haha. It all worked out though. I shared Alma 5:7-12. Good stuff about changing your heart and that really is what the mission is all about: helping others change their hearts and having your own change of heart in the process. I'm loving these people and this mission!

Alright so now the fun begins with Francisco and Alicia. They're so cool! Alicia kind of reminds me of a mix between Grandma Blau and Mom. Basically hilarious! Haha. She always calls me Elder or Hermano Alexis. I don't know why, but it's cool. She loves us too. SheIs the mom of the girl I baptized my first week and we got them married this Friday so they could be baptized too! Cool Stuff! I'll send some pictures (by the way, you can send me attachments and I would greatly appreciate some pics). It's kosher, I promise! That was way fun, but lasted for like four hours on Friday and they needed witnesses so the other companionship in our district came along. After we were done with that, Alicia invited us all overt for some food at 3. Guess what! We had a food appointment at 2 as well so we just went to both! HAHA! I have been eating a bunch of food... This week, I had liver and onion tacos... don't think I’ll try that one again if i can help it. Anyway, two comidas in a row. Good stuff, and of course, we taught a little lesson to them so it wasńt just all food, food, food.

Alicia is so awesome though, guys. This family has nothing and their greatest dream is to have enough food to fill their fridge... so humble, but again, they love us and she feeds us a trough full of food every time we go over there. She's started to call us hijos now too which is pretty cool. She's like our mom over here and I love her a whole bunch. Mom, I'm well taken care of.

Anyway, we baptized Alicia this Sunday, but we have to wait on Francisco because he hasńt given up smoking quite yet. We had to have him interviewed by president Clark, who is awesome, because apparently when Francisco was a joven, he robbed a bank with his buddies. all is well though! Haha This Sunday, I get to be dressed in white again for Francisco.

We also have a golden investigator. He has been going to church with his nephew's family, we talked to him once and set up a date for him to be baptized. Perfect! Lessons with him are a little difficult though because he likes to talk and I don't understand all that much still and have a short attention span ... a little difficult. Haha He's awesome though.


All is well, my family. I love you.

Elder Parker Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment