Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Week 2 in Mexico" - exerpts from 9.13.2010

"Pretty sure I'm going to be a chunker in 22 more months of eating like this. Yesterday we had like....20 meals. Not really, but still. TONS of comida (food) !! Speaking of food, guess what it was this week: Pig skin gorditas. That's right, I basically ate a football, haha. It wasn't bad flavor, but a little crunchy for my taste. haha. I'm diggin the food though. I've had some pretty spicy stuff down here and it's tough, because if you go crazy after eating something hot, they might get offended. So I just try really hard to keep my face normal. Maybe in two years I can. Who know! Ha!

So this week was crazy though! We had RAINSTORMS 3 times this week! Three! Crazy! It's not good at all though, because if it was just rain, it would be fine. But before the rain comes sandstorms. Seriously! We had to duck and covor in the house an hour early because it was some scary stuff. I was a good time to study though...

I also got my first blister this week, so I think that means I'm working hard enough! I sure hope so. I come inside, plan, write in my journal, and then I'm out. It's crazy being as tired as I get. But gues what I found today! Mountain Dew! Seriously! There's a store in Torreon that sells a bunch of American products. You can't get it anywhere else here.

...friends can email me and I can email back, but they won't be very long.

This is so fun! Guess what! We get to marry two people this week so they can get baptized on Sunday! And it's the Mexican Independence Day on Wednesday! It's a fiesta! Oh, and we went to SUBWAY today! Eat fresh!!! haha

The church is still true. I know that now more than ever!

That's about it for this week! Love you all sooo much!"

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment