Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10th - 2011

Hey Guys!

Well, this was a crazy fun week! I love my new companion! He really wants to work. He’s just a goof and that makes it way easy to enjoy the work. I have learned a bunch this week about myself, about the Lord, and about the mission in general. So here’s just a look at what went down this week!

So, Monday was cool. I got my comp, wrote you guys, and afterward, we went out to work. They had a number of people they were teaching and it looks like this week, we’re gonna be baptizing two. The only thing we have to do with one is make sure her boyfriend doesn’t come back. She lives with her whole family and her mom is one of the most devoted converts I have ever met. She was living with her boyfriend for a long time so she couldn’t get baptized, but she knows it’s true. It’s pretty sweet.

Let’s see.... well, Wednesday kind of really started with the Zone Leader stuff. We went to the mission home to have leadership council which was sweet. All the ZLs (Zone Leaders) and the assistants and President Clark talked about how we can be better and what we have to do to help our missionaries in the zone. It was cool. I really learned so much from that experience and guess what! I got to see Elder Beltran again so that was a great reunion! Oh, something cool too. There are 4 of us from the Ogden area who are zone leaders. Me, Elder Welch, Elder Okey who is from Hooper and knows the Nish’s really well and Elder Lyon who is from Brigham City (I know it’s not really the Ogden area, but still, it’s pretty cool. Pretty soon Elder Lambert will be here and we’ll have someone from Logan too! Pretty cool stuff!

So this ward I’m in is one of the biggest wards in the mission, I’m pretty sure. We had 218 people in sacrament meeting! It was nuts to see a young men’s program passing the sacrament. I haven’t seen that since Utah! The members here are really cool. There’s a family who was living in Logan for a long time about 8 years ago and we hit it right off the bat talking about Utah. It was cool. Something king of lame though with another family whose sister and nephews were living in Clearfield; she died in a bad car wreck in Riverdale in November and left the three kids by themselves. There’s a fund if you want to donate though. It’s the Silvia Ramirez memorial fund at America First. She was born and raised in Torreon and served the mission in Oaxaca, Mexico. If you could help, that would be cool. It happened November 28th.

Oh, something else incredibly important happened! A pair of pants from missionary mall is looking bad! I forgot to take photos, but the pocket is dicintagrating and a belt loop is getting destroyed. Haha I don’t know if you could send another pair of those grey ones. That would be cool. Also, I heard a CD of instrumental hymns the other day that was all jazzy and stuff! I don’t know what it would be, but I would die to have that CD! Haha There’s a sax and everything. I just thought it was cool.

Anyway, that’s it for this week. In this upcoming week, we have interviews with the Pres., so that should be pretty cool!

Love you all!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment