Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Baptisms

Family!

I hope you all are well! That's way sweet about the cats victory last week and that Brianna was able to head over to Weber to check it out. That's way cool and I hope you guys had a bunch of fun! Also, it was cool to hear about the trip down to Vegas! It's weird, but I have this weird desire to head back there after the mission. I can't believe it's the seven month mark either! Time is passing by more rapidly each month which makes me a little bit scared with all the stuff there is left to do! It really is so fun to be here and I really love Mexico and the prople. It was a little weird today though. We were in this bus and a family was talking in English. Elder McBride and I didn't know what to do! haha it was funny though.

This was a great week. We did end up baptizing Maria and her 2 grandkids though! It was about time! I was getting a little worried that I would never step in a font again. I baptized Maria, Elder Chatu Baptized the grandson, and Elder McBride baptized the little girl. It was way cool. the grandson almost didn't get baptized though because the first time he went under, he freaked out and didn't go through with it and then he started crying and didn't want to go through with it. It was funny, kind of. We finally talked him into it and all went well and all three were baptized. It was a waaaaaaay cool experience!

Other than that, the week really wasn't anything exciting. Just the normal stuff of contacting, teaching and eating some good food. Haha. We did go on exchanges this week and I went with another gringo. That was pretty interesting having the whole world looking at us ant trying to speak English to us. haha It ws a fun day. I'm not trying to be boring, but really this week was pretty normal. Something pretty cool though, Elder McBride really reminds me a lot of Derek(Jasper). Even his voice is way similar! haha It's cool.

Anyway, that's about it. I love you all soooo much and this week, I'm going to study "Of Things That Matter Most" by President Uchtdorf and last week I read the talk by Elder Holland. Sorry I didn't send that to you all!

Love ya!
Elder Alexander







No comments:

Post a Comment