Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year and New Responsibilities!!!

January 3, 2011

Happy New Year a few days late! I hear from the letters that all went well and everything. That sounds great that it was a little bit more laid back. For us, it was really normal. We just worked and had some fun, but didn't really have much success because everyone was shooting off fireworks and having stuff like that. I guess that's the biggest thing to do here: shoot off fireworks or your guns! haha We have been hearing a few gunshots at night and it's pretty fun. They aren't dangerous. They're just celebrating. I guess that's just what everyone does in Elder Lopez's house. His whole family goes out and shoots off their weaponry like their automatic weapons and all that kind of stuff. I guess his house is pretty crazy with narcs and stuff like that, but he says it's fun!

Ok, so I had some more really good food this week that I thought I was going to hate. We wend to a member's house on the first and he had some dead fish just laying out. Everything was there.... head, scales, bones and all. It was fun. He just cooked em right up for us! They tasted a‑maze‑ing! Umm... what else.... oh yeah! So we were eating at a family's house and one of their daughters served a mission in Dallas with a girl from Ogden!!!! How cool! I guess she was living in Ogden for a few months with this family of her comp about five years ago. Her name is Sister Seade and the family is McEntire - I don't remember how to spell it, but yeah....Her comp's name is Laura and I guess she was or is going to Weber state to study English, which is cool. I don't know if you all know them, but it made me pretty happy to talk about home with someone who has been there! I guess they live in North Ogden, but yeah. Cool, eh?

So the reason I was going to learn a lot is because I went to Santiago Papasquiero again, but this time with Elder Watson and yeah.... I learned a TON about what I need to be doing as a missionary and good ways to improve on the things I lack, which is cool. We left Wednesday in the evening and we came back on Friday in the morning way early. I learned a bunch again from Elder Watson and just seeing how the other Elders work and how I need to step up my game to help them the best I can.

Ok, so are you ready for the new responsibilities part! Today, I don't know if you remember me telling about it, but we had changes and we were almost certain that Elder Lopez was going to have changes and everything, so he bore his testimony yesterday and said goodbye to a bunch of families and everything and we got a phone call last night from the Zone leaders: "Elder Alexander, you have changes tomorrow. You have to be in Torreon at 1:30 to be in the change meeting.̈ YIKES!!!!! So I had another 3 hour bus ride to Torreon this morning and in the change meeting, guess what happended! So first of all, President Clark started talking about Enoch and how he was young and unexperienced and God still called him and he was abundantly blessed. Well, yeah.... I only have 6 months in the mission and I was just bumped up to Zone Leader today. How nuts is that! Ahhhh! I thought I felt underqualified before, but yeah, now is a whole nother animal! haha I am definitely going to need some prayers and support in the next few weeks because I have a feeling that I am about to go through a whirlwind of stuff!!! It's gonna be cool though. We're in the Torreon Reforma Stake and in the ward San Luis. My new comp is Elder Chatu and I know I'm gonna learn a ton from him. He has 21 months in the mission so he has plenty to teach. Cool, eh? I repeat, YIKES! haha It's gonna be a neat experience to learn a lot and I know the Lord's gonna help me out a lot here!

So that's this crazy week! I hope your week was a little more peaceful! haha

I Love you all so much and I feel like Enoch!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment