Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, February 7, 2011


Anyway, that's about enough about that stuff... haha. I was so stoked this morning. We went to a ward activity this morning to play some football,basketball and soccer with ward members this morning and a kid who's waiting for his call told me that the Packers won. I was soooooooo stoked! haha It was pretty cool. It has been a good day today and a fun one too! We went and played at like 11 and then at about 2 we headed back on the bus to the house and ordered pizza and showered and all that stuff and just chilled for a bit and now we're here! This was pretty crazy week!

First of all, Dad mentioned in his letter the cold and wow..... It was ridiculous! We woke up Friday morning and all our pipes were frozen solid so we were sore out of luck on that one. The lucky part was that Thursday night, I took a shower to warm me up before I headed to bed. It was pretty crazy though. I had on 3 sweaters, my coat, a scarf and all that stuff and I was still freezing! And also, underneath my slacks (that word's for Kathy) I had my Weber State sweats on to keep warm. I'll be sure to send a picture. It was a crazy time had by all. Fun, but crazy! We were lucky though and none of our pipes burst.

Well, the rest of the week was pretty crazy as well. Tuesday, we had the famous "consejo" where all of the zone leaders meet in the mission home and that was good. I learned a ton again and it was a pretty good experience. We set goals together on how as leaders we can change the culture of this mission and get better at everything. It was cool. I also got to see Elder Beltran again so that was a happy reunion. He's got to be my best friend from the mission. I just hope that one day we can be companions again. That would be way cool! Anywho, that was Tuesday.

Wednesday was a pretty tough day, actually...you know, one of those days that nothing really goes right and it was incredibly tough. Elder McBride was sick so we weren't really able to do much and It was just tough. It was all for my good though because just through that, my testimony was fortified because last night, I was able to bear my testimony on the plan of salvation and how I know that I will be able to give Derek a big hug again one day and I'll be able to hang out with him and preach the gospel in the spirit world with him. I don't think i have another friend who has shaped my life quite like Derek Jasper. I'll be forever grateful for him.

Anyway, that was about it for this week. I think that this upcoming week, I'm going to be studying the talk by Quentin R. Cook from conference. It looks like it should be a good one. I'll have to send a picture of me in my wranglers another day. I didn't hardly wear them with the cold this week. I had my sweats on under other pants the whole week. I also have a question on an E‑mail i got a few weeks ago..... dad has a new car? haha what kind? Other than that, life is good. with that package, I could maybe get it next Monday with the change meetings if you send it off tomorrow. I'm not really in need of anything right now. All is well. Tell my grandparents I love them!

Love you all,

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment