Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

My dearest fambily!

How are you all this week? I hope just dandy!!! I have some crazy news. Elder Beltran has officially left me. He boarded a bus this morning for Fresnillo and I'm going to hang out with another elder until our change meeting where I'll get my mom! (Second companion) I've got about two hours and then all the waiting will be over! haha!

Ok, well here's this week in a nutshell.... Sick! haha I'm feeling great now though so don't even worry about me. I'll now recount the grand story:

Ok, so it started out as a normal week. Business as usual. On Tuesday though, we had interviews with President Clark. That was a pretty neat experience. The whole thing was in S
panish, which I guess is unique because every North American has their interviews in English. I guess I'm just weird like that or something! It was way cool to talk to President though. He's a good, good man! Wednesday, though, something cool happened. I went on divisions with Elder Layland because he's going home today and he wanted to spend some time with Elders in the zone, so I went to his area Wednesday morning with my stuff and spent the night over there. That was way cool! He really loves this place and we were just talking about the mission and some experiences he's had and stuff like that. It was way fun and cool. The bad thing is though.... I ate waaaaay to much fooood! It was all pork soup or something like that. I didn't really know, but the sister put more in front of me so I had to eat it. Anyway, Thursday comes along and I was sicker than I have ever been in my life! Not a fun experience!

We didn't leave the house after I returned with Elder Beltran and I was either in bed or the bathroom all day. No bueno! Friday I was feeling pretty ok though, but we still didn't want to risk being far away from home base so we just stuck around the house. I tried really hard to look on the bright side of things though and I realized something in my frenzied sick state! haha. I was just hoping it wasn't something horribly wrong that would make me go home or anything because I realized I have no clue what I would be doing and it really scared me! haha I really am starting to just love this place so much that I have no idea what it would be like to be home! I don't want to see you all for about 21 more months! haha, but I promise you that when I see you all again, it will be one of the happiest moments of my life! Oh... and I've lost 6 pounds this week from being sick. haha

Other than that though, things are way good. It is a bit weird to be without Elder Beltran though and not knowing who my next comp's going to be. I don't really know Spanish nor my area still, so it's going to be an adventure. I'm going to have to learn a lot the next week or so and I know the Lord will be there every step of the way! I'm loving life and healthy now! I just gotta eat food and pump some iron! haha

Oh, and guess what! There are black and white cookies here and they are amazing! Different, but amazing.

Love you all so much,
Elder Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment