Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hey Familia!

Well good news! I officially signed my VISA down here so I’m kind of a Mexican now! Isn’t that way cool? I sure think so! It was fun because the 7 of us who came to Mexico together on the 30th all went down and signed and all that good stuff so we all shared stories and everything of the first month in Mexico! That was way fun to talk to my generation of Torreon Missionaries and my buddies from the MTC.

I can’t believe I’ve been in Mexico for more than a month now! I’m telling you all that time is passing by like crazy! If the next 20 months or so pass by this quick, I’m going to be back home in a blink of an eye. It literally seems like I got here maybe a week ago tops and I only have a week left in this transfer!

So there hasn’t really been that much going on this week. No cool new food, but we did eat at a place today that’s like Rodizio Grill that was really good! We ate there I guess because there are a bunch of elders going home this week and it’s a tradition or something. It was way good! It was fun to see the Elders heading out and talk to them. They’re great Elders. One of them is my grandpa (in the mission) I got a good pic I’ll send your way.

Other than that, the only cool thing this week was conference. We were able to head to all the sessions in the Stake Center and watch in Spanish... Very weird, but actually pretty cool. I have a testimony now more than ever of the gift of tongues. It’s real and it’s crazy cool! I was able to understand and take notes in conference! I did not think that I would understand anything, but I had a constant prayer in my heart and WOW....Our God is a God of miracles! I’ll testify to that until I die! Mom, I did sing I am a child of God, but the words were up in English so I was sure to sing “with parents kind of dear!” Haha it was awesome to sing that! And if I had any questions, I sat next to Elder Layland, so he helped me understand what I had questions with! It was cool! I’ve gotten more out of this Conference than ever before! It was a little weird not just being in my jammies for it, but I think it’s better to actually be alert! Haha!

This week was a good one and Alicia is doing a lot better! We’re actually going to bathe her dog Lucho today for an act of service! Oh and funny story, Lucho had 2 kids and they named them Alexis and Beltran! Haha. Alexis is a girl there so no jokes! Hah.

Love you all, and the Church is true!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment