Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Week of Changes”

My dearest family members!

What a week! It was just a little bit crazy. As I told you all, Elder Nava had changes again after 1 week with me which yeah is a little nuts. My new comp’s name is Elder Guardia and he’s a hard worker so I’ve come home tired each night this week and just crashed. It’s a good thing! He’s pretty cool though. He’s from the Mexico City area and he’s the only fully active person in his family which is cool. He’s only out 6 months in the mission which is crazy, but he knows what he’s doing.

Ok so that package dominated! Thanks so much for sending it! The Teddy Bear has a name now and of course it’s Waldo! It́s just sitting on my bed next to the Goofy pillow and all is well. The CDs are great too. I’ve listened to a bunch of them and I’m digging them! Thanks a bunch! The Book Bag is perfect too and especially thanks for the letters! I’m going to keep them forever and always! I was especially happy to get the news about Frank having arthritis! Thank you for that amazing news... haha it’s alright though. That just means he’s not going to be running away while I’m gone. I hope he’s feeling alright with the pills he’s on now though. I love my doggies! And make sure you tell grandma and grandpa thanks for their letters! I sure love those two bunches and I’m going to keep their letters in my binder forever! Aww precious! haha It really means a lot to me though. So I bought a sweet coat and sweater last week! Thanks for that! And they dominate!

Some news on Alicia too. She’s moving! She’ll be heading out in about two weeks to get away from the crazy life in Gomez and her husband needs to find work there so they should be alright!

That’s pretty sweet of Elder Layland calling! He told me he would, but I thought he’d forget or something. He’s hilarious. Don’t believe him about the Spanish though. It’s a lie! haha I’m trying to my best, but it’s still a big struggle to talk and understand and all that. He’s way cool though and I hope he makes a great choice with coming to Weber. Did you tell Fran and Andy that I’m still recruiting? I hope so, Maybe I’ll get a bonus or something when I get back. hah

So news on food this week... I had prickly pear and i hated it! haha I hope I never have to eat that again! I do have news though... I like tomatoes and avocados now. Is that insane? I think so. I actually elected to put some on my hamburger the other day! haha

Cool story! I baptized the cutest 8 year old yesterday! She’s just the cutest thing ever! It doesn’t officially count as a baptism because she’s not a convert, but it’s still way sweet and it got me excited for that day like 30 years from now or so that I’ll baptize my little kid! It was a cool one!

Anyway, love you all! Take care and tell Tate welcome home from me!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment