Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 18, 2010

Hey Guys!

It’s another fabulous day in
Mexico and I am feeling great!

Ok so let’s get started with this week, eh? First off, that’s sooo cool about New Orleans and I hope you are just having a blast! I still really want to go there someday. It seems like I always get the short end of the shaft as far as vacations are concerned... wait.... I’m in Mexico! Haha It’s not really a vacation though. I have never studied, walked, or worked so much in my entire life! I’m still having a blast though!!!!

Ok, so this week has been very strange! hah So, Elder Nava is extremely quiet and doesn’t really talk to me which is kind of sad. I’ve had a little bit of a hard time with that, but not too bad. It’s just a little weird to not be with Elder Beltran. We really became great friends in our weeks together. He’ll be a friend for life, I’m sure. He wants to visit and work in Utah for about 6 months after he gets back from the mission so we’ll have to take him to the cabin or something! haha So back to Elder Nava, he also got sick this week really bad... (he has some health problems) We stayed in one day so he could rest and I studied. I love studying so much now! haha It’s just a great time to learn more about the scriptures and the Lord and I’ve learned a ton since getting here! It’s been great!

Elder Nava is starting to open up to me, but we got some news Saturday that he’s going to have special changes tomorrow which means I’ll be getting another, different companion! Isn’t that crazy? Now I’m going to have to get used to someone else now, too and my mom’s going to leave me! haha

All is well with me, though. I’m trying to get like a binder of all sorts of stuff spiritual and/or the mission so I can look at it and go, ̈ahhhh” or something like that; all sentimental and stuff.

And I tried a Mexican hamburger yesterday.... They don’t really know how to do stuff like that here. haha

Love you all, bye!

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment