Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11th - My New Assignment

Hey, I'm back online! I have my new comp and he's another Mexican. His name is Elder Nava and I can't remember exactly where he said he's from, but oh well! haha He seems pretty cool, but it's still the kind of awkward quiet moments so far. He says he doesn't understand any English which means this change is gonna be fun! We did get some news though about our area. We just about tripled our area size. It was nice and small before, but now we have another ward that's way big! It's pretty exciting though. It's time to really just work hard and trust in the Lord because that's the only way I can do this. I have a really good feeling in my heart right now though and I'm excited for whatever's coming my way in the next 6 weeks. We're just going to work hard!

Ok so I did forget to tell you something this morning. Alicia is not doing good again. We thought everything was well and she was doing better, but Monday night we called her again and she's not got much time I guess. It's kind of scary. We're just going to concentrate on teaching her family the plan of salvation to them and everything really well and help them to
know that all will be well, whatever happens. I have a crazy strong testimony of that after Derek's death and all that happened after that. It was pretty sad though. Elder Beltran wanted to go visit her this morning before he left to tell her goodbye, we went, he told her, and she started to cry pretty hard. It was a tough thing and I know it'll be that tough when I
leave too. I'm loving this ward and
MEXICO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment