Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmastime - December 13, 2010

Hola and Feliz Navidad!

I hope all is well with you because I am sure doing great here right now! I had a pretty sweet week this week!

It was actually probably the fastest week in the mission so far! I am not lying when I say that because, wow! Didn't I just write you all yesterday? I could have sworn that I had... anyway, I am happy and heathy and ready to talk to you all NEXT SATURDAY! Isn't that nuts? I've been in the mission close to 6 months now! Nuts! Ok so here goes this week in a nutshell!

Wednesday was pretty sweet to start off with something of note. We did companionship exchanges again with some Elders in my district and we worked our tails off. It was kind of lame, but we contacted a ton of people and it was a fun day. I got to know another Elder in the district pretty well. His name's Elder Limon and he's from puebla, Mexico. It was pretty sweet and I learned a lot! He uses a ton of scriptures when he teaches; all from memory. That is definitely what I need to try and do. It was definitely a sweet day.

Friday was the Ward Christmas Party! It was pretty fun and there were investigators there who probably haven't gone to church in forever and a few actually went to church on Sunday and partook of the sacrament and everything! It was pretty darn cool! It was fun though. There were a few of us who sang and then a cute little primary program thing that just made me grin! haha There are the same cute little primary kids all over the world. :D It was wayyyyy fun! But the only bad part was that we had to go home before the food was served to be home on time. haha It was was sweet though! I grately enjoyed it!

Oh, and I think next Monday we're going to try and make some Scotcheroos, but I
don't know if there are butterscotch morsels here. I'll look! I sure hope so! Oh mom, tell me what talk you're going to study each week and I'm going to study one every Sunday morning before church. It would be way cool to study the same one each week!

Love you all soooooo much!

Elder Parker Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment