Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 9, 2010

Family!

Okay, so I've got to start out this letter by telling you all I love you bunches!!!!

So, I got the packages this week! That's right, both of them! I opened them up at the same time and you guys dominate! Everything in them is perfect and it feels like Christmas in the house now with our little tree! haha. Really, I cańt tell you how much everything in those packages mean to me. Especially those messages from you guys in that CD. Ím going to keep that CD for forever and a day because it means a bunch! Not gonna lie, I did get choked up a bit when I listened to it and yeah... I'm turning into you, mom,or even grandpa. I'm all sentimental and stuff! haha It's weird how things change, eh? I'm a big softie just like my grandpa! haha And tell him thanks for that great message!

Ok, so other than that, this week was pretty crazy. Elder Lambert's companion had changes so he's a lot happier right now! His new companion is the Elder who trained Elder Beltran how to be a zone Leader so he's way sweet. He's a hard worker and a great guy. But this week... wow full of stories! Elder Lopez and I got sick Tuesday so we didn't do much of anything that day except study. Wednesday was completely normal and then Thursday, we got up to find that we had no gas! Crazy stuff! Anyway, so what happened was that every Thursday we plan, so we leave the house later than usual. So we studied as usual and at about 10, I braved the frigidness that was the shower! That is not a thing I would suggest to anyone ever! Ha! It was great though and really refreshing and took my breath away! haha

So that was Thursday. Fun stuff, really. Friday was actually one of the longest days of the mission so far for me. I went 3 and a half hours to another city to give a district meeting thing to the elders in that area. It was quite the adventure! The craziest part is that I went alone! That's right! Alone! What happened is that it's kind of expensive so Elder Lopez couldn't go and so he said goodbye to me in the morning at about 7:30 and went with Elder Lambert and his comp. I boarded the bus and off I went. Luckily, I borrowed an iPod with General Conference in it so I listened to conference for three and a half hours on the way up, worked with the elders over there and came back for three and a half hours! Crazy eh? I got back at 7:30 and Elder Lopez was just there waiting for me! Yay! haha He's fun. Wéve become good friends.

Saturday was a special day! And not just because we got ready for Sunday! We had a car wash with all the elders and hermanas in the zone and did that for about 3 hours to give service and to teach the people who brought us their cars. It was fun! And the best part, I got my packages! Thanks again! You all know me too well with that Bazinga t-shirt! It made my day! Anyway, I'm going to send a package home to you guys this week if I have time, with some goodies for you guys and some things I've collected so far in the mission! Also, there's going to be some letters that you'll need to distribute to some hightly important people like the grandparents, Enos,the Bish and Sandy and a few select more. I just hope it gets there before wicky time!

Anyway, that's about it for me! THANKS for everything again! I got the best family ever! Love you all and until next week,

Elder Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment