Elder Parker Thomas Alexander

Mexico, Torreon LDS Mission
June 30, 2010 - June 2012

parker.alexander@myldsmail.net
Elder Parker Thomas Alexander
Mission Mexico Torreon
Apartado Postal 792
Coahuila, 27000 Mexico

This blog is updated weekly by Parker's family.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Christmas - December 20, 2010

Hello, my family!

I hope everyone has had a great week! It sounds like from all the letters, it was a good and quick one! It was a way crazy one for me! First off, how lucky is Nate to go to Disneyland in Christmastime! That really has got to be one of the coolest things ever! Definitely, I have another thing to add to that bucket list I'm going to have to start now! haha Really, that was just too cool to see all your pics and stuff!

I'm way happy you all got the package. Some of that stuff is yours to guard for me until I get back... Yeah, that Ski Utah shirt is gonna be my prized posession in about 18 months! haha It makes me happy that you all got it and I'm glad you're happy with what you got. It wasn't much, but it was sent with love. I know that sounds all mushy and stuff, but it́s true! haha And don't think becaue I sent that whole testimony stuff that I'm all serious now, because I'm not! hahah I'm still just a goofy guy. My testimony's just the only thing that I really have to share!

Ok so this week was pretty nuts....I had my second zone conference in the mission and it was way cool. Basically what they are is that we learn how we can improve as the Lord's representatives and it's way cool. I don't know if you remember, or if I told you about the last one, but I had to share a spiritual thought in it, and guess what.... My zone leaders called me that morning and asked me to share another one! hahah so I shared in 1 Nephi when Nephi gives his perspective on everything that had happened in verses 1 and 2 and then Laman and Lemuel share their point of view and the difference a positive perspective can make on our progression in life. I thought it was pretty cool.. and after the zone conference, we had the famous Christmas dinner in the mission! I had hopes of like this way cool fancy dinner, but we got some pasta, a drumstick, and mashed potatoes and a few rolls. I thought of how the sisters of the stake sacrificed their time and talents to provide for us. It was actually a really cool meal. We even got little stockings filled with Christmas goodies! Oh, and I actually sang something in front of someone again! It was sweet! We sang away in a manger in Español and English! COOL!!!

Anyway, that was Thursday, Friday I had a leadership training from 9 until 4 which was good! I learned even more that I need to learn even more! haha It was good fun though.... and guess what... President Clark asked me to give another spiritual thought! haha So this time, I shared 1 Nephi 3:15 and 4:1, which is basically just Nephi bearing his testimony to his brothers and showing the dedication he had to complete the mission no matter what. It was way cool, I thought.

Anyway, that was about it for this week and next Saturday is....CHRISTMAS!!!! Cooool! I'm so stoked! ... And that's about it for this letter so....

I'LL TALK TO YOU SATURDAY!!!!!!

Lov you!

Elder Parker Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment